If you are anticipating surgery, Central Vermont Home Health & Hospice’s home health services can help when you come home after your hospital stay or outpatient procedure. Our home rehabilitation team can help you return to your daily routine with a customized rehabilitation plan.
When Recovery from Surgery Services are Right for You
We want you to be as comfortable as possible following surgery. We strive to minimize your pain and aid in your healing process while maximizing your independence. We specialize in recovery care or treatment for:
- Joint replacement
- Orthopedic surgery
- Cancer surgery
- Cardiovascular surgery
- Gastrointestinal surgery
Services Supporting Recovery from Surgery
Whether you need a nurse to change the dressing on a wound or a physical therapist to help you recover your strength and balance, we will create a care plan that will allow you to recover in your own home. Specific care and services may include:
- Care coordination between CVHHH, your physician and other community and health care providers
- Physical therapy for strength, balance and mobility
- Occupational therapy to support adjustments needed in your routine activities, including feeding, personal grooming or writing
- Chronic and acute pain management
- Medication review and help with managing your daily regimen
- Wound and incision care to facilitate healing and prevent complications
- Home safety assessment to minimize risks for falls
- Licensed Nursing Assistants (LNAs) to help with personal care and exercise regimens, taking vital signs and monitoring medications
Frequently Asked Questions
Who provides the care?
When are these services available?
How do I access these services?
Have questions about Recovery from Surgery services?
Call Kim LaGue, PT, or use the contact form to the upper right.802-224-2259