Our home therapy team will work with you and your caregivers to help you stay comfortably and safely at home while you recover from a stroke. We provide comprehensive rehabilitative care, including physical, speech and occupational therapy, to help you manage your symptoms and avoid extended hospital or inpatient-rehab stays. Maximizing your quality of life, safety and independence are at the core of our home rehabilitation services.
When Recovery from Stroke Services are Right for You
Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists work with you, or your family member, to restore as much mobility and cognition as possible following a stroke.
Recovery from Stroke Services
- Physical Therapy
- Strength building
- Balance and flexibility training
- Restoring core motor skills
- Safe transfers in and around your home
- Support adapting your home to improve mobility and access
- Speech Therapy to support regaining language skills and the ability to swallow
- Occupational Therapy to support adjustments needed in your routine activities, including feeding, personal grooming and writing a check
- Home safety assessment to identify and reduce risks for falls
- A comprehensive care plan involving your physician and other health professionals
- Care coordination between CVHHH, your physician and other health care providers
- Equipment recommendations and training for caregivers to assist with lifts and wheelchairs
- Chronic and acute pain management
- Licensed Nursing Assistants (LNA) to help with personal care and exercise regimens, taking vital signs and monitoring your medications
Frequently Asked Questions
Who provides the care?
When are these services available?
How do I access these services?