Hospice Clinical Director
Hospice Clinical Director
Hospice Clinical Director- our agency, located in beautiful central Vermont, seeks a patient/family centered hospice leader to bring our team into the future. We enjoy exceptional quality care as evidenced by our publicly reported measures and our family satisfaction scores. We have a great interdisciplinary hospice team and a rapidly growing palliative care consultation service. Our team provides quality patient/family care but is always striving to learn and grow. If you are the hospice leader that shares our values, we want to talk to you!
Central Vermont boasts stunning landscapes, abundant outdoor recreational options, and tight-knit communities. The area’s natural beauty, characterized by mountains, lakes, and forests, draws many residents and visitors alike. Moreover, the region fosters a robust sense of community through local events, farmers’ markets, and cultural activities that unite its residents.
Who We Are
Central Vermont Home Health & Hospice (CVHHH) is a full service, not-for-profit Visiting Nurse Association committed to providing high quality, medically necessary home health and hospice care to all central Vermonters, regardless of a person’s ability to pay. In addition, we promote the general welfare of all central Vermonters with health promotion, long term care, and maternal-and-child health services.
Who You Are
- You are highly ethical, patient centered and committed to providing high quality care.
- You are knowledgeable regarding principles and practices of comfort care.
- You demonstrate collaboration and strong teamwork.
- You understand the importance of communication and follow through as pillars of a successful manager.
- Your problem solving and decision-making skills are solid.
- You motivate others by creating a work culture that supports employee development.
- You are a skilled business manager with financial acumen.
- You are assertive in driving outcomes.
- You have a strategic and creative mindset.
- You have a calm and positive demeanor.
The Hospice Clinical Director is responsible for all hospice care services. This includes employee management, daily operations, quality assurance and performance improvement, clinical services, and fiscal performance. The Director is responsible for providing supervision and leadership to the Hospice inter-disciplinary team made up of Hospice Medical Director, Patient Care Coordinator, RNs, LPNs, LNA’s, Medical Social Workers, Chaplains, Hospice Volunteer Coordinator and Bereavement Coordinator.
- Provides expert guidance and assistance to the Chief Executive Officer in all matters relating to the delivery of hospice services to assure that quality standards are maintained and services are provided in a patient/ family centered efficient and effective manner.
- Provides ongoing coaching and mentoring to ensure staff compliance with accepted standards of practice and job performance. Proactively acts to address deficiencies in practice and/or job performance in a timely manner. Fosters professional, respectful relationships through coaching, supervision, active listening, giving, and receiving constructive feedback, etc.
- Directs day-to-day operations in accordance with established standards of practice, policy, and regulatory requirements.
- Plans adequate staffing and adjustments on a daily basis, based on patient needs and staff skill mix.
- Provides guidance and oversight to Hospice staff regarding clinical care and resource utilization within the case management model.
- Proactively advocates for patient care issues to ensure that overall quality and type of care is sensitive to each specific patient and family need.
- Serves as steward of Agency resources. Actively leads, guides, and coordinates team members’ efforts towards providing efficient and cost-effective patient care.
- Actively maintains awareness of budgetary limitations and acts to ensure that operational costs remain within budget limits.
- 28 days combined paid time off in your first year (with sell back option)
- Group health, dental, and life insurance, as well as long-term disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement for career advancement and continuing education
- Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Student loan repayment assistance
- Discounts at local vendors
- Up to a $3,000 relocation bonus
- VT Licensed RN (BSN preferred)
- A minimum of (5) years working experience as an RN with at least three (3) years of community health experience and at least two (2) years of hospice management experience.
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
CVHHH is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.