The holidays can be a difficult time of year if you are mourning the loss of a family member or loved one. Diana Moore, CVHHH’s Bereavement Coordinator, is offering a free workshop, Coping with Grief During the Holidays, Wednesday, November 7, 4:00-6:00pm, at CVHHH’s office (600 Granger Road, Berlin). Light refreshments will be served.
Below, Diana shares tips about how to cope with grief.
- It’s important to acknowledge and accept that the holidays will be different.
- Take care of yourself. “The healthier you are, the better equipped you will be to deal with grief,” says Diana.
- Honor your loved one. “It can be nice to light a candle, make a meal, or leave an empty chair at the dinner table.”
- Remember that everyone grieves in their own way.
- Keep tissues on hand. Diana says that honoring your feelings and body is key.
If you would like more information on grief and bereavement support services, please contact Diana at 224-2241 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Bi-weekly grief and support groups that free and open to the public. Click here to see the full schedule.