What is Long-Term Care?

We provide personal care and homemaking services for Medicaid-eligible central Vermonters who would like to remain in their own homes and communities and need a little extra help with bathing, dressing, walking and preparing meals. Our Long Term Care services will help you, or a loved one, live safely and independently at home for as long as possible.

When Long Term Care is Right for You

If you meet the following criteria, you may be eligible to receive care:

  • You are a Vermont resident
  • You are at least 65 years old, or at least 18 years old with a physical disability
  • You meet the financial criteria
  • You meet the clinical criteria for nursing-home level of care, including having a physically-limiting condition resulting from a stroke or dementia, or something similar, or as a result of aging. Clinical criteria is determined as a part of the application process through the VT Department of Aging & Independent Living (DAIL).

Long-Term Care Services

  • Bed & Bath Service Assistance with daily routines such as making breakfast, bathing, dressing and personal hygiene.
  • Check-In Visit Preparation of snacks or light meals. We can also set reminders for medication, food intake and daily weight checks.
  • Personal Care Assistance with bathing, mouth care, skin care, toileting and dressing.
  • Household Services Light housekeeping, shopping, meal preparation, changing bed linens and laundry.
  • Conversation and Companionship Support of physical and emotional wellbeing, including playing cards or games, writing letters, taking walks and shopping.
  • Respite for Family Caregivers Our caregivers will stay with you while your loved ones rest, run errands or visit friends.
  • Care Coordination Individual support from a one of our case managers to coordinate care between CVHHH and other community providers. Case managers develop individual service plans and monitor your care.


Frequently Asked Questions

Have questions about Long-Term Care services?

Send us an email using the contact form in the upper-right corner. Or, call us: