We know that dealing with vision loss can be make performing tasks at home seem overwhelming. Our Homesight program pairs you with a trained occupational therapist who can make adjustments to your home and routine to reduce falls, slips and other accidents.
When Homesight is Right for You
If you have macular degeneration, glaucoma and/or cataracts, or if your physician thinks that you could benefit from occupational therapy support in the home, Homesight may help.
- Safety evaluation of home environment with focus on five categories: bathing, dressing, eating, grooming, functional mobility
- Medication review and help managing your daily regimen
- Personal care support with meal preparation and personal grooming
- Walk through of daily routine to identify potential risks and hazards
- Installing special lighting and bright, contrasting tape in closets, cupboards and other dark areas
- Organization of frequently used areas
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access these services?