Long Term Care Manager
Open Position at CVHHH
Long Term Care Manager
Posted: March 28, 2023
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Home Office, Barre, VT 05641
About the Position
Who We Are
Central Vermont Home Health & Hospice is a full service, not-for-profit Visiting Nurse Association committed to providing high quality, medically-necessary home health and hospice care to all central Vermonters, regardless of a person’s ability to pay. In addition, we promote the general welfare of all central Vermonters with health promotion, long term care, and maternal-and-child health services.
Who You Are – Long Term Care Manager
- You are dedicated, supportive, and empathetic.
- You have been in a managerial role and have what it takes to retain employees.
- You communicate clearly and are comfortable providing regular feedback.
- You have a strong understanding of Vermont’s state programs and support clients making their own choices to stay in their homes.
- You have exceptional customer service skills.
- You enjoy mentoring individual staff to be successful in their roles and promote their growth.
- You are dedicated to support the efforts made for individuals to age in place.
If this is you, read on & apply!
Your Day-to-Day – Long Term Care Manager
- Ensures and maintains the effective and efficient operation of all client service activities of the Choices for Care including Moderate Needs Group (MNG), LTC grants and contracts, Health Promotion and Private Duty Programs.
- Collaborates with the Human Resources Department to coordinate and maintain ongoing effective, efficient recruitment of qualified personnel for all Long-Term Care Programs.
- Ensures timely initiation of client assessments, care plans and reassessment process by team members for individual programs.
- Ensures timely documentation of case management and other related client activities in client records in accordance with CVHHH policies and procedure
- Maintains open communication with skilled nursing, support staff, and other health care providers in the community, and representatives of state government.
- Develops, implements, and maintains systems, policies, and procedures for the Long-Term Care Programs to ensure delivery of quality services.
- In collaboration with the Chief Quality Officer, develop, implement, and maintain the annual Long-Term Care quality improvement plan, goals and objectives. Review and monitor long term care department staff goals on a regular basis. Provide action plan follow up to the Chief Operating Officer for goals not met.
- Assures compliance with State, Federal and accrediting body regulations, and standards.
- Assumes responsibility for promoting quality care, customer satisfaction and effective work processes.
Your Benefits – Long Term Care Manager
- Group health, dental, and life insurance, as well as long-term disability
- 28 days combined paid time off in your first year (with sell back option)
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement for career advancement and continuing education
- Student loan repayment assistance
- Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Discounts at local vendors
Requirements – Long Term Care Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in a Healthcare related field
- Two years management and supervisory experience preferably in a Long-Term Care or community health field.
- Valid driver’s license