Open Position at CVHHH
Posted: May 1, 2023
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Barre, VT
About the Position
Who We Are
Central Vermont Home Health & Hospice is a full service, not-for-profit Visiting Nurse Association committed to providing high quality, medically-necessary home health and hospice care to all central Vermonters, regardless of a person’s ability to pay. In addition, we promote the general welfare of all central Vermonters with health promotion, long term care, and maternal-and-child health services.
Who You Are – Intake Specialist
- You are a people person, and you strive to provide top notch customer service.
- You possess strong time management skills to promote efficiencies in your work.
- You are a natural multitasker and know how to manage work priorities and shift gears when needed.
- You are highly organized and work well independently.
If this is you, read on & apply!
- Complete referral paperwork for CVHHH patients across programs, including entering information into CVHHH’s electronic medical record and verifying insurance coverage and benefits Processing incoming referrals for all programs.
- Gather medical orders and other relevant paperwork to enter in to CVHHH medical record Interacting with healthcare professionals, both internally and externally
- Receive calls and field and answer questions from referring providers, including discharge planners and other staff at hospitals and medical group practices Handling material of a highly confidential nature.
- Conduct regular check-ins with referral sources to promote CVHHH programs, including services and offerings that could benefit referral source patient populations.
- Work within a variety of software programs, including Microsoft Office as well as multiple electric health records systems.
- This is a hybrid-remote position.
- 28 days combined paid time off in your first year (with sell back option)
- Group health, dental, and life insurance, as well as short-term disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement for career advancement and continuing education
- Student loan repayment assistance
- Discounts at local vendors
- Agency-issued cell phone and laptop for home workstation
- Two years of college, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a clerical or administrative office environment required.
- Experience in Home Health or a medical facility strongly preferred.
- HIPAA-compliant space with high-speed, dependable, and consistent internet-required.