Central Vermont Home Health & Hospice
21We are seeking Physical Therapy Assistants for part- and full-time positions. In this role, you will be responsible for providing care to a diversified cross section of clients. Your work reflects advance knowledge, expertise, and appropriate intervention in accordance with prescribed standards of physical therapy practice.
The Physical Therapy assistant reports to the Interdisciplinary Team Manager and receives clinical guidance from the Rehabilitation Specialist.
Essential Functions including but not limited to:
- Assesses patient and family needs to provide high-quality physical therapy care to assigned patients
- Participates in a goal oriented plan of care for each patient in collaboration with the supervising physical therapist, patient and family, as part of an interdisciplinary healthcare team in accordance with State and Federal regulations, and agency policies and procedures.
- Identifies appropriately the interdisciplinary needs of the patient and documents patient’s needs accordingly. Takes action to communicate documented information to supervising physical therapist in a timely manner.
- Maintains up-to-date and accurate electronic documentation of care provided to ensure the integration of clinical information for the use by the health care team.
- Demonstrates knowledge of comprehensive assessment and keeps up-to-date on documentation changes as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Vermont supervision requirements for physical therapist assistants.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Medicare required therapy reassessment timeframes.
- Follows agency protocol with McKesson processes, including, but not limited to, completion of visit notes, physician’s orders, transfers, electronic scheduling, etc.
- Completes a variety of required agency, State and /or Federal forms accurately to include, but not limited to HHABN, Medicare Notice of Non Coverage, Notice of Change in Home Health Service.
- Documents accurately, time and travel for hours worked based on agency policy.
- Accurately documents routine visits as per agency therapy standards and insurance requirements.
- Meets established therapy visit performance standards to include, but not limited to productivity, laptop transfer rates.
- Demonstrates competency in performing standard measurement techniques, to include, but not limited to ROM, Strength, and Balance tests.
- Demonstrates competency in using a variety of therapeutic modalities to include, but not limited to TENS, ESTIM, and Ultrasound.
- Demonstrates ability to adhere to Standard Precautions during patient care and whenever indicated such as for equipment trials.
- Other duties as assigned to include, but not limited to providing/assisting in regularly scheduled body mechanics training for staff, participating in the development of documentation forms, educational in services and QI committees.
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant school
- Two years of clinical practice in a medically-oriented setting preferred. We will train the right new graduate.
- Valid VT Physical Therapy Assistant license
- Must have a valid Vermont driver's license and reliable vehicle with auto insurance.
- Must be able to successfully pass post-offer/pre-employment background check including VCIC, DMV, APS and OIG.