Central Vermont Home Health & Hospice
Come to work in the fastest growing sector of healthcare. Work independently in the patient’s home, the most holistic setting possible. Enjoy the flexibility that only Home Health can provide.
We are seeking a Vermont-licensed Registered Nurse for our Home Health program. As a Home Health Nurse, you will be responsible for coordinating and providing high-quality, multidisciplinary skilled health services in a home setting to patients in the Central Vermont area. You will also have the opportunity to provide care to high-tech patients in the community (i.e. those needing infusion pumps, etc.) and other skilled care needs (training provided if needed). We are committed to providing high quality care that preserves patient dignity while helping to achieve the highest degree of recovery, comfort and independence.
The candidate reports directly to the Interdisciplinary Team Manager and receives clinical guidance from clinical supervisors.
$4000 sign on bonus offered!
28 days combined time off in the first year. Full time employees are eligible for continuing education tuition reimbursement for work-related programs. Group health insurance, dental, life, long-term and short-term disability available. CVHHH provides a 401(k) pension plan. We will train the right new graduate of a nursing program.
Full time, Part time and Per Diem positions available.
- Develops, communicates, and coordinates a goal oriented plan of care, including LNA care plan as appropriate, for each assigned patient in collaboration with patient, MD, and family, as part of an interdisciplinary healthcare team in accordance with State and Federal regulations, and CVHHH policies and procedures.
- Implements plan of care, nursing interventions, patient/family teaching and other appropriate procedures as necessary to ensure high quality nursing care of the home care patient.
- Evaluates each patient’s response to the care provided and modifies the plan of care based on signed physician orders.
- Maintains strict confidentiality with client information
- Communicates effectively and timely with all members of the health care team; Maintains up-to-date and accurate electronic documentation of care provided to ensure the integration of information for use by the heath care team.
- Communicates with supervisor and/or designee regarding unexpected schedule changes and/or challenges.
- Follows agency protocol with McKesson processes, including but not limited to, locking visit, follow-up notes, visit completion, etc.
- Consistently follows agency protocols and standards including but not limited to: home visiting, bag technique, MDROs, LNA care plans, universal precautions
- Represents the agency in a professional manner in appearance and communication style (refer to agency policy on attire), treats all clients and families with respect
- Meets established nursing visit performance standards to include, but not limited to, OASIS C accuracy, productivity, case mix, laptop transfers, etc.
- Completes requested audit corrections as per Agency policy providing constructive feedback and openly accepts feedback in a professional manner.
- Participates in primary on-call, weekend and holiday on-call, and other assignments based on agency needs.
- Accurately and completely fills out a variety of required Agency, State and /or Federal forms including, but not limited to, HHABN, Medicare Notice of Non-Coverage, Patient Discharge Notices, changes in visit frequency, etc. as per Agency policy and procedures.
- Participates proactively in regular team meetings as well as monthly and ad hoc meetings with supervisor to discuss case load, challenges and recommended solutions to identified challenges.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- VT Licensed RN (BSN preferred) with a minimum of one year of experience in a medical/surgical environment
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle