Our home therapy team includes physical, occupational, and speech therapists. As a part of this team, you have the unique opportunity to work with patients in their home environment where they are most comfortable and function every day. This allows you to create individualized plans of care tailored to each person’s actual living situation and to make suggestions that can optimize safety and quality of life.
Therapists at CVHHH experience:
- Work one-on-one with patients to achieve goals using a care plan that incorporates their home and routines into therapy activities
- Diverse range of patient health conditions
- New and creative ideas working in a non-clinical setting
- Independence and flexibility to create your own schedule
- Working in or near your own community
- Support and collaboration with an interdisciplinary team
- Opportunity for additional training to support patients with certain illnesses such as COPD or CHF.
Meet Colleen Wilford, DPT
Colleen, PT, received her DPT, or Doctor of Physical Therapy, from Boston’s MHG Institute of Health Professions in 2014. Her study focused on in-home pulmonary rehabilitation. Colleen has worked in home care for 20 years, including as a rehab coordinator. She has six years of experience in neuro-intensive and acute care and serves as a field educator for DPT students studying at the University of vermont.
Colleen is one of the co-founder of CVHHH’s Better Breathing program, a comprehensive program that incorporates exercise training in the home, education and behavior change to support individuals with chronic lung disease.
“I like working in home health because it is so real. You can get to know exactly where your patient ‘is at’ so that your interventions can be targeted and successful.”
Have questions about a therapy career at CVHHH?
Call our HR Recruiting Specialist, Robin Bador, with your questions about career advancement, salary, and benefits, or use the contact form to the upper right.802-224-2257