Our home therapy team includes physical, occupational, and speech therapists. As a part of this team, you have the unique opportunity to work with patients in their home environment where they are most comfortable and function every day. This allows you to work on physical strengthening and to make meaningful adjustments to a person’s environment to optimize safety.
Therapists at CVHHH experience:
- Work one-on-one with patients to achieve goals using a care plan that incorporates their home and routines into therapy activities
- Diverse range of patient health conditions
- New and creative ideas working in a non-clinical setting
- Independence and flexibility to create your own schedule
- Working in or near your own community
- Support and collaboration with an interdisciplinary team
- Opportunity for additional training to support patients with certain illnesses such as COPD or CHF.
Meet Melanie M., PT
Melanie was born and raised in Barre, Vermont. She started her Physical Therapy career in high school, as a volunteer at Central Vermont Medical Center under the supervision of Frank Bowles, PT. After working with Frank, Melanie knew a career as a PT was her destiny.
Melanie studied at University of Vermont and took her first PT job at Duke Medical Center. Melanie has practiced as a Physical Therapist for 30 years in a variety of settings, with concentrations in pulmonary and cardiac rehabilitation. She has experience with cystic fibrosis and aquatic therapy in acute-care and outpatient settings. Melanie has worked at CVHHH for 10 years and was one of the co-founding PTs of our Better Breathing program, a PT-led program for individuals with chronic lung disease.
“I enjoy the home health setting because it provides a non-threatening environment for my clients to recover. Working with patients at home, I am able to make the most difference and more effectively teach individuals how to rehabilitate. I enjoy getting to know my clients and to encourage them to be as independent as possible in their homes.”
Have questions about therapy careers at CVHHH?
Contact us with your questions about career advancement, educational opportunities, salary, and benefits.802-224-2227